If the meat world goes down well with the grill, vegans have their own delight with veggie skewers. This easy to make and great on the healthy recipe on the grill is bound to make a perfect day for any vegetarian. With ingredients that include nutrient rich vegetables and fruits, this recipe would keep you going on your fitness drive. Not to mention, the vegan world is pregnant with aesthetically pleasing food and this food serves right to your eyes with its rich colors and aroma. So without blabbering much in praise for a recipe that corroborates itself, let us find out how it is brought to your plate.
The time required
It is vegan and delightful and requires a minimal amount of time on and off the grill. This easy to make recipe takes a total time of 15 minutes. Out of which, preparation time is 10 minutes while cooking time is a meager 5 minutes. In a way, your platter would be ready in the blink of an eye.
The required ingredients
To pack this recipe with more and more health, you need to pour in a lot of veggies and if possible, some fruits too. There is a bunch of things that you may require on your kitchen shelf to bring about this recipe. And they are:
- 3 tablespoons of minced cilantro
- An eggplant, large chunks of it
- A pint of cherry tomatoes
- Half a teaspoon of sugar
- A quarter teaspoon of pepper
- A quarter teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon full of Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
Once you collect these items and place them by your side, you are totally ready to proceed further with the procedure of cooking.
The cooking procedure
This is arguably the easiest part of the recipe. When done right, it could pull off great results. To get just that, stick to the steps that follow:
- Fire up your grill and let it reach a considerable temperature for preheating.
- As the grill continues to heat up, place wooden skewers in water in order to prevent them from burning.
- Grab a little bowl and in it, blend together olive oil, Tabasco sauce, cilantro, sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Now come back to tomatoes and eggplant. Place these two onto the skewers. Ensure some space between the items.
- Apply the marinade you just made on the vegetables.
- Transfer the veggies on to the grill. As grill marks begin to appear, turn them over.
- When turned over, grill until marks appear on the other side too.
- Preferably, continue the grilling process until the veggies turn tender.
- Take them off the grill and serve.
- If you feel creative enough, you may consider complementing the recipe with some meat or seafood.
Hence, a simple process approaches an end. Garnish your platter as you may like it to be. Now don’t waste much time thinking about it. It is hardly a matter of 15 minutes. Go make it count!