Ok. Two things. One: I know these aren’t all veggies as bell peppers are a fruit (!) but let’s just pretend for now that they are veggies because I like saying ‘roasted veggies’. Two: saying these are the best is a little extreme, BUT these were honestly so good that I found myself sneaking “tastes” behind my husband’s back before dinner (yeah, I am ashamed…sorry hubby!)
I think I might be a little obnoxious to post these as a recipe because they are embarrassingly simple, but, I never would have thought to put chili powder on this combination of vegetables, so I am thinking that many of you wouldn’t have either.
I originally made these to go along with a chicken dish that I will be posting next week, and I was just going to lump them in with that post, but then I decided that these were too good not to have their own post.
The combination of vegetables here is pretty darn good. The sweet carrots and bell peppers pair nicely with the slightly crispy broccoli and mild zucchini. I especially love how carrots taste almost creamy when they are roasted.
- 1 head of broccoli, florets chopped off from stalk
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 2 tsp kosher salt, depending on how salty you like your veggies
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- Line two large baking sheets with foil and preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil, salt, pepper, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Spread the vegetables evenly out onto the baking sheets and bake 30-40 minutes, stirring once at 15 minutes.