If the market is flooded with nonvegetarian delicacies, vegan delights are soon catching up with their seemingly unique flavor. When combined with the goodness of grill, their flavors are highly underscored and a herby tinge is rendered scrumptious. Artichokes are such delights that delve into the tasty world of vegan food and have found an irreplaceable place in the hearts of kids. When adults come across artichokes, they are immediately reminded of their favorite childhood cuisine. By grilling artichokes, we tend to enhance their flavor. Let us discuss how we are going to do it on a household grill.
The time required
Being a vegetarian recipe, artichokes do not take up much of your cooking time and a dish serving 4 people is pretty easy to cook. To mention, grilled artichokes require a total time of about an hour. Out of this time, 15 minutes are spent in preparation while the remaining 45 minutes is the cooking time.
The required ingredients
There is a little lot of things you may need to keep ready in order to savor great artichokes. Occupy your kitchen shelf with the items that follow:
- A tablespoon filled with fresh chopped herbs could be thyme, oregano, rosemary
- Some salt
- About 2 to 3 globe artichokes, large
- A lemon that has been cut
- A bay leaf
- Cut 2 garlic cloves in half
- 1/3 of a cup full of extra virgin olive oil
As you collect these ingredients and bring them together in your kitchen, you may gear up for further process of this recipe.
The cooking procedure
You are required to stick to a series of steps to bring about perfectly grilled artichokes. Here are the steps that are to be kept by your side:
- Grab a little bowl and mix together the fresh chopped herbs in it(exclude bay leaf).
- Pour olive oil into the contents of the bowl.
- Transfer this to microwave at full power for about 30 seconds.
- In a large pot, pour one-inch water. In this, place the garlic cloves and the saved bay leaf that has been saved.
- Get a steamer rack and place in this pot prepared above.
- Grab one of those vegetable peelers and use it to cut out the thick layer on the outside of your artichoke.
- Cut off the stems of the artichokes at 2 inches from its base.
- Discard the upper half inch part of the artichokes.
- Cleave the artichokes into two halves.
- Heat up the water under the steamer rack. Transfer the artichokes to the steamer rack.
- Continue to steam the artichokes for about 20 minutes.
- Now fire up your grill to high heat.
- Now use the oil with herbs to apply on the artichokes.
- Transfer them on to the grill with their cut sides facing downward on the grates.
- Cover them and continue to grill for about 5-10 minutes or until when grill marks begin to appear on the sides facing downward.
- Pour lemon juice onto the artichokes and serve onto the platter.
Hence, your recipe of grilled artichokes is ready. In reality, this would only happen when you get down to work. So, get up!