Succotash is native to America and is essentially a dish that consists of lima beans and sweet corn that has been boiled together. It doubles up as a flavor intensifier when added to other recipes. Now, here, that we discuss barbecue with succotash, the intensity of the resulting recipe can be conceived. It would surely be a surreal experience. Here, we look to combine all time favorite chicken with a blend of succotash and barbecue. We feel our hunger touching new highs while delivering such a blend to you. Let us dive a tad deeper into this recipe to find out how succotash marries barbecue.
The time required
This recipe is pretty easy on everything. It would not keep you engaged for much longer and so would never keep you waiting to drool. Ideally, succotash barbecued with chicken wings requires a total time of 40 minutes. 10 minutes of this time period is utilized in preparation while the rest goes into cooking. This 40-minute delicacy would serve 4 people.
The required ingredients
There is a little bit of rush here. You will need a pretty long list of items to embellish your kitchen shelf with. Here is that list:
- 8 chicken wings, bone in and skin on
- 10 ounces baby lima beans, frozen and packed
- 10 ounces of corn, frozen and packed
- A chopped bell pepper, preferably red
- A bunch of chopped scallions
- 3 tablespoons full of unsalted butter
- A tablespoon and teaspoon filled with Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons worth of Worcestershire sauce
- A quarter cup of ketchup
- Half a cup of apple cider
- Some kosher salt
- Some pepper, freshly ground
Once done with collecting these items, you are ready to rock and roll.
The cooking procedure
This recipe is one of those rare easier ones and so is its procedure. However, it is recommended that you stick to this guide in order to come up with near perfect barbecued chicken wings with succotash. Here are those steps:
- Grab a rack and place it in the oven. Fire up the oven to reach a preheating temperature of 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use pepper and salt to season the wings and chuck it on a baking sheet. Place in the oven and roast for about 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan, blend together a tablespoon of mustard, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, and cider. Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grab one large skillet and in it, melt some butter with pepper, salt, bell pepper and scallion whites.
- Place this mixture over heat and stir occasionally. It would take up to 5 minutes for the veggies to soften slightly.
- To this, add a quarter cup of water, the remaining mustard, lima beans, and corn. Place the mixture over a simmer.
- Continue to cook until the veggies appear tender. This should take up to 10minutes.
- Now add the scallion greens.
- Fire up your broiler.
- Apply the barbecue sauce you prepared on the chicken wings.
- Give about 3 minutes to the chicken to cook. By this time, the sauce should be thick.
- Once done, serve these chicken wings with succotash.
Hence, this brings us to the end of this recipe. If you wish to see such a surreal experience around you(we know you do), get moving!