These chocolate mint cookies have been (literally) starring in my dreams for weeks now! They have three (!!) different kinds of minty chocolate chips in them and lots of dark cocoa powder. They would be a great addition to any Christmas party dessert table. Or you can make them every month all year round, as I am desperately tempted to do…
Oh hey blog, it’s been awhile…between the holidays and getting Sick (with a capital ‘S’….) I haven’t had a chance to update! Hopefully these cookies make up for my absence.
When I started to dream up these cookies, I knew I wanted to cram lots of minty chocolately flavor in them. Then I was at Target and saw THREE different kinds of mint chocolate chips: Andes, Nestle Winter chips and DelightFulls mint-filled chips. After I stopped drooling, I decided they ALL had to go in these cookies! Boy, was that a good decision. They all have a similar flavor, but their different textures and sizes make each bite a fun surprise.
This is my second year participating in the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap benefiting the Cookies for Kids’ Cancer charity. I sent a dozen of these dark beauties out to three bloggers and I received a dozen cookies back from different bloggers! It was fun and it couldn’t have gone towards a better cause. Thank you The Little Kitchen and Love and Olive Oil for all of your hard work hosting. <3 And thank you Dining with Alice and Divine Lifestyle for the yummy cookies! Make sure to check out their blogs for the recipes!
These cookies start off with the the richest dark chocolate cookie dough which I had to restrain myself from eating by the spoonful. After adding in the various chips, I pressed some more to the top to make them look pretty and ramp up the flavor.
Since these cookies are already dark, you won’t be able to tell they are done just by looking at them and they can be easy to overbake.
I could look at melty chocolate chips all day!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar (192 g)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar (128 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour (270 g)
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder (40 g)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 cup Winter mint chips mix, plus additional for topping (optional)
- 1/4 cup Andes chips, plus additional for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup Delightfulls mint chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheet with silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cornstarch.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the baking chips and gently stir until incorporated.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto baking sheet. Optional: lightly press additional chips on top of cookie dough.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
- If you can’t find Hershey Special Dark cocoa powder, use another dutch process cocoa powder.